Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Many Colored Days

By Dr. Seuss

"Some days are yellow.
Some days are blue.
On different days I'm different too.

You'd be surprised how many ways
I change on different colored days.

On bright red days
How good I feel
To be a horse
And KiCk my heels!

On other days I'm other things.
On bright blue days I flap my wings.

Some days, of course,
Feel sort of brown.
Then I feel slow
And low, low down.

Then comes a yellow day.
And, Weeeeeeeeee
I am a busy, buzzy bee.

Gray day....everything is gray.
I watch. But nothing moves today.

Then all of a sudden
I am a circus seal!
On my orange days
That's how I feel.

Green days. Deep deep in the sea.
Cool and quiet fish.
That's me.

On purple days
I'm sad. I groan.
I drag my tail.
I walk alone.

But when my days
Are happy pink
It's great to jump
And just not think.

Then come my black days.
Mad. And LOUD.
I howl.
I growl at every cloud.

Then comes a mixed-up day.
And WHAM!
I don't know who or what I am!

But it all turns out alright,
You see.
And I go back to being....
....ME!"

Funny how so many children's books speak so deeply. They state so simply what I have been trying so hard for so many weeks to put into "grown up" language!
Isn't it true that we all need to hold onto to our childish innocence? Isn't that how we see the clearest? Unclouded by "grown up" language or "reason?"

- Posted from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!