Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'll save you from the unearthly Ralphy!

Some of the things that Alistair has said lately have REALLY blown me away! I mean, once he started toddling, I realized one day that he wasn't a "baby" anymore and we moved onto the next phase. Then, he REALLY started talking and over the past year and a half that we've been spending our days with Jake and Sadie we have been on a wild ride of development, learning, discovery and craziness! A ride that I can't even begin to describe without bursting into tears over how happy these three BIG KIDS make me every single day!
We are now onto that phase....BIG KID! The impending birth of our second child has REALLY brought my love for Alistair to a completely different level. It IS true what they say; your heart grows! It makes me so proud to watch him becoming a "little man" so to speak. He's a BIG BROTHER and it is really starting to "sink in." He loves to rattle off the list of things he's going to teach his baby brother. From sign language and ABCs to bike riding and how to walk! The first thing he said to me when he got up from nap yesterday was, "I'm going to teach Ronan how to talk. Like this: TRAC-TOR." It was so adorable!
He has become so well-spoken too! He has an incredible ability to say exactly what he thinks! Sometimes I look at him and wonder if there's not an older brain in that 2 1/2-year-old boy! Here are just a few of the funny things he has said lately:

-I had a nasty cold. Just after hearing me explain to Sadie that I couldn't share my chapstick, Alistair says, "Mommy, I know just the thing! I'll get my screwdriver and we'll get your sickies out! I can fix anything!"

-Whenever I am trying to get him to do something he doesn't want to do, he says, "Mommy, my batteries are dead." And I have to pretend to change his batteries before he'll do what I asked.

-He crawled into bed with us Sunday morning and was playing with the dogs saying, "Mommy, I'll save you from the unearthly Ralphy!" it was so funny because he puts on a tough guy voice when he's pretending to be a super hero and he wrinkles his brow and hunches his shoulders! I just want to squeeze him!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!