Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Morning

I have LOTS of pictures of Alistair's Awesome Adventures that I will post later on, but right now I feel the need to express this GREAT emotion I felt this morning:

So, I had a wonderful morning with my bubs today, but I also REALLY enjoyed the church service while "bubs" was in the nursery. Pastor Mike was ON FIRE this morning and I think everyone there felt it! I hear him preach each and every Sunday, but today it touched me a little deeper than usual.  Maybe I was thinking a lot about an issue that is weighing heavily on my mind right now, but as he spoke, I really felt as if his sermon was just for me and it brought me to tears.
Let me give you a few of the verses he spoke of:

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve both God and money."
-Matthew 6:24

"But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of it's own."
-Matthew 6:33-34

I've posted it before and I'll post it again:

Whatever the goal we're pursuing,
No matter how rugged the climb,
We're certain to get there by trying our best
And taking One Day at a Time. 


"Forever" is hard to imagine,
"The future" may seem far away,
But every new dawn brings a wonderful chance
To do what we can on that day.


Thanks, Mommy....I REALLY get it now......
BALANCE will be found when your priorities are right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you!